Today is all about the espionage thriller! I am joined by Terry Hayes, who has a long career that includes the titles of journalist and screenwriter and can now include novelist. His debut novel “I Am Pilgrim” is making some serious waves in the publishing world right now, and for good reason. The same skill that gave us Max Max 2 has now provided a spy novel to be remembered among the best of them. You can read my actual review of the novel on KPBS over here.
I had the chance to sit down and speak to Mr. Hayes at Warwick’s Books in La Jolla on Sunday, and we had a simply marvelous conversation about
- his journalism background
- his experience writing films and how the industry morphed
- the difference between writing for the screen and writing novels
- the act of writing a spy novel
- the real world horrors that show up in his novel
- putting together interesting characters and a whole lot more!